CUSD invites families and community members to a series of briefings to learn more about the measures currently in place to keep our schools safe. Darrin Jindra, Executive Director of Safety and Student Services, will be hosting briefings at CUSD middle schools to inform attendees about CUSD safety protocols and the organizations the District works with on a daily basis.
Each briefing will be held from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Families are encouraged to attend the briefing in their school area, but can attend any based on their schedules. Click on the school name to submit a pre-briefing questionnaire.
CUSD Safety Briefings
- Wednesday, November 29: Don Juan Avila Middle School
- Wednesday, January 10: Newhart Middle School
- Thursday, January 11: Las Flores TK-8
- Thursday, January 18: Niguel Hills Middle School
- Wednesday, January 24: Bernice Ayer Middle School
- Wednesday, January 31: Marco Forster Middle School
The District utilizes the SchoolMessenger system to deliver text messages with important information about events, school closings, and emergency notifications. It is important for your mobile phone numbers to be listed in the Aeries portal. To receive text message updates, you need to opt-in to text messages by sending a text message of “Y” or “Yes” to the District short-code number 67587 from the mobile number that is listed in Aeries.
Adding a mobile number to Aeries Parent Portal
- Login to the Aeries Parent Portal- https://portal.capousd.org/ParentPortal/LoginParent.aspx
- In Aeries, click on “Student Info” on the horizontal navigation menu, then click “Contacts.”
- Click on the pencil icon next to the name of the contact you want to edit or the Add button to add a new contact.
- Enter the mobile phone number in the “Mobile Phone” section and click Save.