Several CUSD schools competed in the Strategic Kids Chess Tournament for Charity in Laguna Niguel in December. Students from 12 schools around Orange county came together for fun competition that raised money for underprivileged children in Poland and Ukraine. The top six teams won awards, and four of those came from CUSD!
· 1st Place – Los Flores Middle School
· 2nd Place – Rancho Cañada Elementary School
· 3rd Place – Moulton Elementary School
· 4th Place – Portola Hills Elementary School
· 5th Place – Marian Bergeson Elementary School
· 6th Place – Truman Benedict Elementary & Bernice Ayer Middle School